Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!


Today's my 30th Birthday... in honor of becoming an "old woman" I thought I would take a step back to the elementary school days... you know, when you used to bring birthday treats to school. Well, today, I come to *work* bearing treats.

Yes, I know I just baked an apple pie and brought it to my coworkers on Monday.

I guess it's turning into birthday treat week! :)
Better than "having-a-$h!tty-day-at-work" week... :)

What did I choose? CUPCAKES!

Chocolate on Chocolate Cupcakes - that was just a box mix with some Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Frosting.

Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, garnished with crystallized ginger.



YUMMY!

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Cupcakes
Source: marthastewart.com, with a couple of tweaks by me
Makes: about 15 regular cupcakes


2 cups flour, all-purpose
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (Optional - this was added by me)
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
15 ounces pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling - plain pumpkin)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and crystallized ginger; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin purée.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.

Frosted with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I used approx. -
2tbsp softened butter
4oz fat free cream cheese (or any kind of cream cheese)
1/2t vanilla
1 to 2 cups powdered sugar (until you get the texture you like)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... So delicious! :) I would like to pre-order some of these for December 16th. yummy!