Monday, November 26, 2007

Spicy Pineapple Pico-de-gallo

My coworker Hillary was kind enough to give me several yummy ripe tomatoes from the garden in her backyard - I was supposed to reciprocate with some apples, but by the time I remembered, they were not tasting very good.

Anyway, I was able to use the tomatoes she gave me in a nice spicy-but-alittle-sweet salsa - here's the recipe I concocted - Enjoy!


Spicy Tomato and Pinapple Pico-de-gallo
(measurements are approximate - spice to taste...)

4 tomatoes
1/2 chopped cilantro
1/2 of a white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalepeno peppers (deseeded and deveined) diced finely
1/2 of a 20 oz can petite pineapple chunks
1.5 t kosher salt (if using table salt, reduce the measurement)
juice of 1 lime
1/2 t sugar
1/4 t ground red pepper

Combine all in a bowl and refrigerate. Best if made at least a couple of hours in advance, so flavors can meld together. Serve with tortilla chips! (Duh!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could dip a chip in that right now. Yum!